Acupuncture is increasingly employed as a stand alone therapy or in conjunction with western medicine, in the treatment of a wide range of conditions.
My patients tend to require most commonly treatment for:
- musculo-skeletal problems (sciatica, back, shoulder and neck pain as well as all sort of joints problems – including tennis or golfer’s elbow, knee problems);
- digestive problems (IBS, constipation, reflux, chronic loose stools, food intolerances, bloating etc.)
- headaches (migraines, headaches related to hormones, weather, fatigue etc.);
- menstrual and fertility related issues (painful periods, PMT, infertility IVF support, menopausal symptoms like hot flushes etc)
- emotional issues (depression and anxiety related problems, including palpitations, panic attacks etc);
- chronic fatigue,
- sleep disturbances
- respiratory disturbances (allergic rhinitis, Asthma etc),
- immunity or autoimmune related issues
- general balance.
If you are looking for a deeper unbiased understanding about acupuncture benefits in relation to specific conditions please follow this link to the BAcC web site where detailed fact sheets will provide well informed summaries of how acupuncture can help you. You should always consult your GP if you have any concerns or contact me directly to discuss your problems in person.
A needle follows the principle of depth through subtlety. First examine the source of disease. Next apply yourself to the points. At once see results in reply to the needle, immediate effect! – ODE OF THE 100 SYMPTOMS (1601 AD)